Rules and Regulations
All must be state registered with license
2. All must have liability insurance to
receive a permit to ride the trail.
3. All ATV’s must have and display
high on left rear fender a current year
Snow Shoe Rails to trails sticker. Snowmobiles
should be next to the state sticker.
4. All operators must wear a securely fastened
helmet with goggles or face shield.
5. To operate an ATV, 8 through 15 years
of age, you must possess a DCNR Safety Certificate.
6. All operators must use a safe and reasonable
7. Slow Speed Zone (5 miles per hour) are
designated in the following locations: All
bridges, tunnels, residential areas through
Number 10, Gillentown. Speeds should not
exceed 20 miles per hour in all other areas.
8. “Wheels Yield to Heels”--All
must slow down when passing or overtaking
another trail user.
9. All motorists must stop when approaching
horses, ask the rider when it would be safe
and appropriate to continue.
10. Stay on the trail, stay off adjoining
11. Refer to PA All Terrain Vehicle Law
for all other regulations.
12. Liability for negligence in the use
or operation of an ATV/Snowmobile is attributable
to the owner of the ATV/Snowmobile.
13. All operators should act in a safe and
14. All fires must be in self contained
unit with bottom. Place ashes in designated
area. Violators will lose their membership
to the SSRTA.
it is better to be SAFE than Sorry!
Please obey all signs along the
trail. They are for your safety as well
as the safety of fellow trail users.