Rules and Regulations
All must be state registered with license plate
2. All must have liability insurance to receive
a permit to ride the trail.
3. All ATV’s must have and display high on
left rear fender a current year Snow Shoe Rails
to trails sticker. Snowmobiles should be next to
the state sticker.
4. All operators must wear a securely fastened helmet
with goggles or face shield.
5. To operate an ATV, 8 through 15 years of age,
you must possess a DCNR Safety Certificate.
6. All operators must use a safe and reasonable
7. Slow Speed Zone (5 miles per hour) are designated
in the following locations: All bridges, tunnels,
residential areas through Number 10, Gillentown.
Speeds should not exceed 20 miles per hour in all
8. “Wheels Yield to Heels”--All must
slow down when passing or overtaking another trail
9. All motorists must stop when approaching horses,
ask the rider when it would be safe and appropriate
10. Stay on the trail, stay off adjoining private
11. Refer to PA All Terrain Vehicle Law for all
12. Liability for negligence in the use or operation
of an ATV/Snowmobile is attributable to the owner
of the ATV/Snowmobile.
13. All operators should act in a safe and responsible
14. All fires must be in self contained unit with
bottom. Place ashes in designated area. Violators
will lose their membership to the SSRTA.
15. Class one and two maximum weight limits must
not exceed 1,800 lbs.
it is better to be SAFE than Sorry!
Please obey all signs along the trail. They
are for your safety as well as the safety of fellow