SNOW SHOE RAILS TO TRAILS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
ATV – UTV – SNOWMOBILE - STREET LEGAL MOTORCYCLES
1. All must be state registered and hold current liability
insurance, and attach copy of such to SSRTA application.
License plate must be displayed.
2. SSRT membership sticker must be
displayed high on left rear fender of atv, high on left
rear side behind door of utv(if possible, or in front of
door)visible on left side for snowmobiles(near state sticker)and
left rear fender for motorcycles.
3. All operators and passengers must wear securely fastened
helmet (with eye protection.)
4. To operate an ATV, 8 through 15 years of age, you must
possess a DCNR Safety Certificate and be supervised by a
licensed 18 year old.
5. Safe reasonable speeds of 20 MPH is expected with Slow
Down Area Zones of 5 MPH. This is posted at all bridges,
tunnels, residential areas(Ex: Number 10 Bridge to Clarence
Gate, Tarman Crossing, passing by Gillentown Trailhead and
traveling in Gillentown Trailhead, Black Bear Trailhead
and SSRTA-Elks Trailhead. Excessive speeds or doing donuts
in any of the trailheads will result in loss of membership.)
6. “Wheels yield to Heels”
– All must slow down when passing or over taking another
user. Stop when approaching a horse and ask rider when it
would be safe to continue. Be courteous to all non motorized
users and go slow when passing by them. “Be respectful.”
7. Stay on designated Trail and legalized Township Roads.
Stay off of Private Property.
8. Any liability for NEGLIGENCE in the use and operation
of motorized units is attributed to the owner-operator.
All PA. LAWS pertaining to Motorized usuage including no
alcohol, drugs which impairs the operation of the unit is
attributed to the operator.
9. In the Gillentown Trailhead, all fires must be in self
contained unit with bottom, dumpable unit-which ashes must
be disposed at the designated dumping sites. Violators will
lose their membership.
10. Use of Romtec Restrooms is a privilege. Trash deposited
in toilet openings, graffiti or any misuse will result in
loss of membership and legal action.
11. Class one or two maximum weight limits must not exceed
1, 800 lbs.